FSLabs A320 & TCA Hardware

stemmeregger

FSLabs A320 & TCA Hardware

Post by stemmeregger »

Hi Guys,

I use the Thrustmaster Stick & Quadrant and have problems with using the application. I prepare my flight as described in the video tutorial for the a320. That means: Waiting for the initialization messages, Enginge are running, standing on the runway (e.g. EDDN, 10). Setting up my TCA for Approach, that means: Flaps Full, Engine Buttons On, etc. Also what I do: check the input of my sidestick (ECAM -> FCTL -> works).

After push "MOVE AC" and wait for the message "Throttle on CLB position", the nose of the aircraft gets up and my Sidestick can't move UP or DOWN. Only Left and Right works... also a check in the ECAM-FCTL-Page -> no inputs received to the plane.

So my question is: is the Sidestick not compatible or what do I wrong?

My System specs: i9-9900K, 32GB, RTX2080TI, Windows 10 Prof, P3DV5.1 and FSLabs (v5.0.1.151).

Best regards
Thomas
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: FSLabs A320 & TCA Hardware

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your post, I do not have TCA hardware to try it.
Do you use P3D controls for your TCA or via FSUIPC ?

Can you try an approach by disabling your joystick before clicking MOVE AC (CTRL-K)

Same behavior?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
stemmeregger

Post by stemmeregger »

Hi JP,

thanks for your reply. I think,I am using the FSLab-Key Assigments (over P3D). I'll try to disable FSUIPC Key/Axis-Assignments next time (in my opinion, I have no assignments, but I'll check this later).

But, when I understood you correctly, when disabling my Sidestick, how can I fly ? ;-)

Best regards
Thomas
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Disabling the joystick just to check if you have same behavior.
You can set your throttle to CLIMB with F2, F3 keys.

If it works, we will know that the problem is due to your joysticks
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
stemmeregger

Post by stemmeregger »

Hm...

I deleted all Axis-Assignment in the FSUIPC... start FSiPanel again... it is stabilized ...BUT .. it is frozen on the same position. I have groundspeed 250.. but the aircraft is sinking. No chance... Thrustlever on Maximum ... it's frozen (but: GS 250!!).

Sorry, don't know to fix this... maybe it is fully incompatible with the TCA-Hardware? But I can't understood this, because the Thrust Level is also on Maximum on the Screen (in FSLab).

And sorry, don't want to fly without my hardware.. I have no other one...

Is it tested with the new version of FSLab (i use v5.1.0.151)?

Best regards
Thomas
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Thomas,

I'm installing 5.1.0.151 now, will come back to you shortly.

Cheers
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Ok, I have tried with the newest version of FSLabs, no issues.
Please check the video below to compare the behavior.

https://youtu.be/UcIDhno7rEA

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
stemmeregger

Post by stemmeregger »

Hi J-P,

thank you very much for your video. I'll compare it today; if this doesn't work, I'll create my own video to show you, whats wrong (or: what I do wrong).

Best regards & thanks for supporting me.
Thomas
stemmeregger

Post by stemmeregger »

HI JP,

after trying a couple of times ... it doesn't work.

I have full control to the Thrust, because I see that in the E/WD-Monitor. If I go forward, also the N1-Level increase, if I go backward, N1 decrease. Also on the Sick: I can control to the left AND to the right, but I can't control correctly UP and DOWN. After moving the AC to the position (I also used the default airport KDRN on long final to Rwy33), this aircraft can't stabilized.

I will do a video to show you the screen and my interaction with the hardware-controls. But I can't find the problem, although I think I do it exactly as instructed.

Short info for you: on time (in your video: 1,08'), when the AC is moved to the air, in the next second it will be uncontrolled (nose up, etc). But you will see, what I mean.

Best regards
Thomas
stemmeregger

Post by stemmeregger »

My Video: https://youtu.be/KDsU_hQ7r8A

I used a fully configured FSLabs. Initialization was done, Enginges are running. After moving the Aircraft "in the air", the problem starts... I can't take control, because the Aircraft is instabile... so I can't do any training... before the MCDU is set, the aircraft is crashed...

Best regards
Thomas