Airport Runway Information

777Driver

Airport Runway Information

Post by 777Driver »

Hi,

When updating the FSiPanel database, what is being read by the program?

1. If I have multiple add-ons (only 1 is active), which one's information is being used?
2. In which directories would FSiPanel look at? How about add-ons that are outside of P3D main folder?

Many thanks!
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Airport Runway Information

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

FSiPanel is using MakeRwys to get all the runways information.
It will grab the data from the BGL files installed and active in P3D configuration.

Cheers
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
777Driver

Post by 777Driver »

A few questions...

1. Is there a way to look at what data is retrieved from Makerwy for a specific airport? Say accessing the custom airport database from Excel for an SQL queries?

2. How does FSiPanel determine the landing centerline and distance? Particularly regarding displaced thresholds. I discovered that some addon developers simply ignore displaced thresholds in the data while visually they developed the runway with displaced thresholds.

I constantly get a few meters off centerline while I am visually on centerline. I am wondering either the information in FSiPanel is not the addon I am using, or the visual runway and the actual runway data in the adddon is different.

I would like to have a method to verify otherwise the only truly data would be the landing ROD. Sorry for being paranoid but a good training requires accurate feedbacks from the simulation. Otherwise negative training would occur.

Much appreciated.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Yes, you can check the information from the file produced by MakeRwys in your P3D directory.
The data are coming from runways.xml and runways.csv

2: FSiPanel takes into account the displaced threshold for the landing distance calculation.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
777Driver

Post by 777Driver »

Awesome, I would have a look on those files.

Thanks!