FSIPanel2020 not recognising p3dv5.2

kessler

FSIPanel2020 not recognising p3dv5.2

Post by kessler »

Hi JP,

Like another post on here, my p3dv5.2 is not being recognised by fsipanel. It is showing that I am using p3dv4. It does recognise the FSLabs A320 though but it won't hold the glideslope, just slowly drifts above it. Throttles are in the clb position as required and I am showing the correct simconnect version - 10.0.61259.0.

Should I try to reinstall fsipanel? I did purchase the 2020 version before I got p3dv5.2. I have p2dv4 on a separate drive to p3dv5.

Thanks JP,

Rory
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: FSIPanel2020 not recognising p3dv5.2

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Rory,

Thanks for your report, I had not updated yet my development PC to 5.2, I will do it this morning as it seems to give us some issues.
I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Rory,

Please update FSiPanel to the latest version (autoupdate on next launch).
Then do the following :
  • Close FSiPanel
  • Delete config.xml from FSiPanel directory
  • Start FSiPanel and select P3D V5
Working now ?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
kessler

Post by kessler »

Hi JP,

Well, it now recognises that I'm using P3Dv5, however I am still having problems capturing the LOC and GS. The radios are tuned correctly to the ILS freq and the FSIPanel positions the aircraft properly. The aircraft is bang on the LOC and GS, with the diamond on the PFD just above the capture point, but it just sails on without capturing either ( APP mode is armed too ). I have to disconnect the AP and chase after the GS, then eventually I manage to get it to capture. I tried 3 times on approach to LSZH rwy 14 at ten miles out and then I switched to LOWS rwy 15 at 8 miles out but had the same problem.

I've only tried it with the FSLabs A320 but I can try it with the PMDG 777 to see if the problem exists there or not if need be.

Thanks,

Rory
kessler

Post by kessler »

It may not even be a fault of fsiianel ! Ive not had this problem with normal flying though.

Rory
kessler

Post by kessler »

HI JP,

I know you're a busy fellow, but I have a bit of an update. When fsipanel positions the FSLabs A320, the magenta vertical line is a mere fraction off being centred, and hence the LOC/GS is not being captured, I have to disconnect the AP and tweak my position to get it centred fully, then it captures the LOC and GS. I have just flown a short flight from LOWS - LSZH, landing rwy 14 and had no problems at all with the capture.

I have the latest version of makerunways which I have run again, and I have the latest version of FSLabs A320. Also using Aerosoft mega airport Zurich.

Is there a chance that you may be able to fly the rwy14 at ten mile final with fsipanel just to see? This is in P3dv5.2. It may just be my sim but also maybe fsipanel is just slightly off in it's positioning with this aircraft at this airport/rwy.

Thanks, JP,

Rory
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the update, they are several reasons that can lead to a slight offset, especially on long final, 8 to 10 NM or more.
If for example you're using a third party scenary and the runway course is slightly different from the original.

I will add an option for FSiPanel to center the localizer automatically using slew mode but user will have to make sure that no joystick axis are assigned to slew mode or it will fail.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
kessler

Post by kessler »

Thanks for the reply JP, thats good of you 👍

Rory