Alternate short final, starting speed too fast

NegativeGhostrider

Alternate short final, starting speed too fast

Post by NegativeGhostrider »

Hello!
New user with FSLABS A320 on P3Dv5, really impressed with the product so far. Just what I need for landing practice.

However, at every airport I try, the first setup on short final works without problem , then the next setup begins well above VFE with an overspeed warning. If I then 'Move AC' for another attempt at the setup it will work...I complete a landing then Move AC and this will again begin over VFE... it seems that every other Move AC is producing this.

I've tried my regular EGAA and EGGP airports and also KLAX as in the videos and this still happens.

Also I don't know if it may be related somehow but I being positioned well below the GS in scenarios on Short Final. and when I return to the GS (as per the ILS) the landing report shows me 'above' GS all the way down.

Any help would be appreciated.
NegativeGhostrider

Re: Alternate short final, starting speed too fast

I've actually noticed that it seems that roughly 50% of the time, the A/THR is not being set sometimes, manually pushing the button will cause the aircraft to reduce to VAPP prior to taking control.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your message, I will check it out today for the high speed every other approach. Normally it won't harm, FSiPanel takes care of it and the aircraft ends up with the correct speed, I will have a look at it.

For the short final below glide, it is normal, as glideslope becomes very sensitive, I set a position where you have time to act after taking the control before being established on the glideslope. I will see if I can reduce it a little bit to a one dot deflection.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
NegativeGhostrider

Thank you for the reply J-P,
Thanks also for your work on the product, it is what I need to improve!

I have found that when the aircraft is positioned and I press the A/THR button, things do return to normal so it seems to cause no harm.

Regarding the glideslope, I think something else is wrong as the landing report is consistently offset ... please see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiPfYpZ4q-4 , you can see I'm on the glide but the landing report shown at 1:04 shows me substantially above for most of the approach. I've got the same results with AP engaged all the way to the ground (to rule out my dubious flying skills).

I am seeing other cases where the FSL is not resetting correct and is 'falling' to the ground etc, I'll document these situations carefully as I encounter them.