FSiPanel on tablet possible?

tropicflite

Re: FSiPanel on tablet possible?

Post by tropicflite »

Very good! I'll be especially interested to hear what the effect is on FPS. I've backed off of using Duet display because it was just too taxing on my frames.
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

tropicflite wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 pm Very good! I'll be especially interested to hear what the effect is on FPS. I've backed off of using Duet display because it was just too taxing on my frames.
Well I did another test with a default aircraft running and viewgroup covering 3 FHD TVs, 9 wired screens plus the "Spacedesk wifi screen". It lowered my average fps by maybe 1 or 2 fps from 37 to around 35. This I could probably consider acceptable. But the big issue is that my whole display layout is messed up when connecting and disconnecting the Spacedesk screen. As I have 9 wired screens that need to stay in a fixed position for my homecockpit, that is a big issue for me. I wish I could save display layouts in Windows...eg one for 9 and one for 10 screens connected.

In the end the best thing would be native support from FSiPanel to open the UI on a tablet, like for example you can have the FSLabs remote MCDU displayed on a tablet via the network.
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

jpgarraio wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:48 am Hi, Duet works well, thanks for the input!

It is not possbile yet to use FSiPanel on a tablet IOS or Android, this option is on the TODO list for 2022.

Cheers,

J-P
Hi J-P,

Any news on this feature becoming available?

Regards,

Vincent
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

The problem with this feature is that FSiPanel could be used commercially.
All the addons including FSiPanel are for entertainement only.

The PRO version will have it but pilot will also need a green light from the addon developer (PMDG, FENIX, etc)

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

Thanks J-P,

Luckily there is a good workaround, but at the cost of a little performance loss. At least I know that I don't have to keep my hopes up that this feature will make it to the non-pro version.

All the best,

Vincent