Consistently Left On Landing

DaveM

Consistently Left On Landing

Post by DaveM »

Hi JP,

Any suggestions why my after landing report shows that I am consistently landing way to the left of the runway centreline? To make sure I was not imagining it, I used the MSFS 2020Stock Cessna 172 and landed at EGLL 9R, also stock scenery. I deliberately landed with the left wing over the centeline but the Landing report said that I had landed 53.3m left of the line.

I have completed the Runway database twice now with no improvement. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

regards,

Dave
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Consistently Left On Landing

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

I will check that now.

Thanks for the report.
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi J-P

There was a minor patch released by Micro$oft today. I'm not sure what was in it but it seems to have fixed our problem. FSiPanel landing report is now showing realistic centreline deviation numbers. I've only down 3 Cessna 172 landings (L, R, and C) at EGGD ( Bristol ) and they all seem reasonable. I'll try some Heavy Metal tomorrow.

regards,

Dave @CYVR
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your report, I tried it and got all correct figures so I guess the update has played a role.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Janus

Post by Janus »

Hello JP
It seems that the deviation problem is still not solved with MSFS. The landing report indicates 28 m to the left while the graph shows no deviation. I use MSFS 1.17.3.0 and the A320N FBW stable 0.6.1. Thank you for you answer

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your message. It seems to be an issue with the threshold coordinates extracted from the MSFS 2020 BGL.

Have you tried a database update from setup / option ?

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
gil.yoder

Post by gil.yoder »

I am having a similar problem, but instead of left, FSiPanel is registering unsafe landings to the right for me even when the deviation graph shows me on the center at the end.

It's not consistent, though; it finally gave me a safe landing result today one time. Most times, though, it shows me right of center.

FWIW I did a database update within the last two or three days.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Thanks for that report, I'm doing tests on this issue since couple of weeks.
It seems that the runway information returned by MSFS 2020 is not 100% correct compared to P3D or FSX.

Correction is on my todo list.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer