Aircraft is always placed left of localizer

A320pilot23

Aircraft is always placed left of localizer

Post by A320pilot23 »

Hello,

I´m having the problem that my aircraft are always placed left of the localizer when I set up an approach. This happens with every aircraft and at every airport I´ve tried so far. In the attached image I used the FBW A320 at Vienna Airport Rwy16.

Is this problem known and is there a solution?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mokja

Re: Aircraft is always placed left of localizer

Post by mokja »

... Same here!
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your report, this problem is known, some issues with extracting data from BGL files.
Could you please try something for me:

- Start your approach (you should be offset).
- During the approach, go back to FSiPanel and program the exact same approach and click MOVE AC.

Is the aircraft as well left of centerline?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
A320pilot23

Post by A320pilot23 »

Hi thanks for the reply,

I tried and yes the aircraft is still left of centerline when I click „move AC“ again.
Skoop

Post by Skoop »

I've been experiencing this as well but in the PMDG 737. What I found was that the plane was configured with the wrong settings. Meaning the data for the runway doesn't match up with what's in fsi panel. It's like fsi panel has the wrong navdata and programs the plane with the wrong data so it ends up left of the runway and can't capture the localizer cause it's wrong. I've found you can manually change this in fsi panel to the right nav data. But it would be a pain to do this manually all the time. I did update the airac for fsi panel so i'm surprised this is an issue.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

I had to choose between 2 options for the NavData, using Navigraph or taking the data from BGL files.
The main issue with Navigraph is that some users don't have updated sceneries, therefore ILS FREQ, COURSES are wrong while by taking the data from the actual BGL file should be correct all the time.

There is however an issue on the MSFS BGL files which gives so far a little offset, it was corrected couple of weeks ago, are you still aligned way offset from the center line?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Mach3

Post by Mach3 »

jpgarraio wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:11 am Hi,

I had to choose between 2 options for the NavData, using Navigraph or taking the data from BGL files.
The main issue with Navigraph is that some users don't have updated sceneries, therefore ILS FREQ, COURSES are wrong while by taking the data from the actual BGL file should be correct all the time.

There is however an issue on the MSFS BGL files which gives so far a little offset, it was corrected couple of weeks ago, are you still aligned way offset from the center line?

Cheers,

J-P
This might explains why I keep finding more airports with the course or glideslope presets wrong.
Is there a chance of you switching to Navigraph's data rather the the BGL or letting us choose what we want.
I like the way it worked in the previous P3D version this seems to be a step backwards IMHO.

Thanks Steven
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Option to use Navigraph as Database is on the way.
Waiting for Navigraph to update me and then I will release the patch.

Cheers
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Mach3

Post by Mach3 »

Thanks J-P :D