Problem with Advanced edition - MSFS2020

SquadronLeader

Problem with Advanced edition - MSFS2020

Post by SquadronLeader »

I am a long time user on FSiPanel from P3D, and have today just upgraded to the advanced edition for MSFS 2020. I wanted to set up an approach and introduce a failure, so watched all of your three recent videos JP. I set the approaches up initially at EGGW and subsequently at EGKK. The failure was a fire in No2 engine, triggered by time initially, and then on further attempts by flaps 10.

The PMDG 737-700 is moved to its location - but then just oscillates up and down - trying to achieve the set altitude - and it does not do so. I set a Clean config, yet the flaps are at 5 and the gear down. When in this oscillating mode, I get the message telling me the plane is ready for my control, which clearly it is not.

So am I doing something wrong - or is more work needed to make this work as intended?

Just had another attempt - having rebooted my PC and restarted both MSFS2020 and FDSiPanel2020. Again I selected a clean profile - flaps were at 5 when the plane was moved to its location and although the gear lever is up, both red and green gear lights are displayed, and when I looked externally - the gear is down. Despite not achieving the altitude of 2,500 ft, I was once again told the control of the plane was mine. So I took control to adjust the altitude manually, and the whole scenario froze, which is also happened on one of the previous attempts.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Advanced edition - MSFS2020

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your message, could you please send me the file config.xml found in FSiPanel directory to support@fsipanel.com

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

It looks like the PMDG SDK is not enabled, therefore FSiPanel is unable to interfere with any cockpit switch.
I will come back to you after receiving your file.

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
SquadronLeader

Post by SquadronLeader »

JP

I noticed that although my flap lever was moving, the actual flaps or the flap indicator were not, and also my rudder was not working.

So, I went to ground maintenance and refilled the hydraulic fluids (and everything else as well as it was all free!!!) - and bingo - the next two flights have worked as I would have expected, as did the flaps and rudder.

Not sure what had caused the loss of hydraulic fluid - it was not a selected failure - if indeed that is an option (not in FSiPanel right now)

So all appears to be working well now

Happy Flying
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Thanks for the feedback!
Safe flight

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

J-P,

Just a suggestion, the hydraulic fluid problem described above seems to often arise when starting or restarting the same PMDG 737-700 airframe in flight or a ready position -- even cold and dark if it's just been used in a ready-state flight. You might want to have FSI Panel check for sufficient hydraulic fluid when loading a scenario.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Thanks, I will look at an option to reset failures and levels before next flight.
Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer