Freezing with PMDG 737

captainolivez

Freezing with PMDG 737

Post by captainolivez »

Hi,

I've done the latest update of FSiPanel as well as the MSFS PMDG 737 and now MFS freezes just atlhough FSi confirms the sim can be released.
No other options then but to shut down everything and restart the game...\

Anyone experiencing this?\

Thanks
kymbo

Re: Freezing with PMDG 737

Post by kymbo »

Hi
Yes same here with the PMDG 737 but lets me fly approach but freezes about 4nm before landing. Have tried from different airports but the same freezing of the computer happens. Have to shut computer off and restart it only option available cant press esc to restart the flight doesn't do anything. Was working fine until updates also.
Thanks.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

It was working before update of FSiPanel or MSFS or PMDG?
Have you tried from Vectors instead of final, same issue?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

kymbo wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:19 pm Hi
Yes same here with the PMDG 737 but lets me fly approach but freezes about 4nm before landing. Have tried from different airports but the same freezing of the computer happens. Have to shut computer off and restart it only option available cant press esc to restart the flight doesn't do anything. Was working fine until updates also.
Thanks.
Could you try to close FSiPanel just after you take the control.
Is your Sim still crashing at 4NM ?

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

I've just had the same issue approaching KIAD 01R. Long final, sim freezes completely at roughly 4.0 DME. I was able to replicate the issue twice.

When trying from an LH Vector, the sim froze again at 2.8 DME -- so a little closer to the runway than when starting from the long final.

When trying a long final and quitting FSI Panel immediately after taking control of the aircraft, it froze again at 2.7 DME from the runway.

Finally, I just did a simple circuit by starting on 01R. I did not use or start FSI Panel. The sim did not freeze.

I bought the program yesterday (June 11) and the first time I used it, it did work at EDDM without freezing. After all of the above, tried again at EDDM and it did not freeze.

Very frustrating.

Unlike some, I haven't had to shut the computer off. I was able to force quit through Task Manager.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Ok,

Seems to be an issue since last PMDG update.
Could you please try to go to Setup/PMDG and disable Program FMC.

This could be our issue, I will try to reproduce but so far no CTD on my computer.

Which livery are you using, units in LBS or KGS?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

J-P,

Just saw this now. I won't have time to test more today. I find that it generally works ok at EDDM, except that every three or four attempts it can't load the short or long final properly and sometimes that freezes the sim completely. As mentioned above, when I try my home airport, KIAD, 8 out of 10 times it freezes, so I've stopped testing there.

I've tried different liveries, including:
Ryanair (EI-SEV)
Germania (D-ABLA)
Southwest (N214WN)

Maybe some other liveries, I don't recall. Tried both lbs and kgs.

Frankly, I also found FSI Panel a bit uncooperative in P3D (e.g., after 3 or 4 landings it had trouble getting the next landing setup, especially with the FS Labs). With MSFS, the number of complete sim freezing events is too frequent to make using the program reliable just yet.

I'm sure you'll get it fixed up!

Thanks.
Dan
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

Just gave it a quick try at EDDM. Two complete freezes in a row setting up for a long final on 26L. Did not get past the setup phase of the approach. I had to force quit MSFS each time.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Iadbound wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:51 am Just gave it a quick try at EDDM. Two complete freezes in a row setting up for a long final on 26L. Did not get past the setup phase of the approach. I had to force quit MSFS each time.
Thanks, Did you untick "Program FMC" in SETUP/PMDG under PMDG 737 options ?
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

No. Program FMC was still ticked.