Freezing with PMDG 737

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Freezing with PMDG 737

Post by jpgarraio »

Can you try to untick it please, I suspect a bug on the PMDG FMC.

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

J-P,

I unticked the "Program FMC" option and there were no freezes at KIAD -- an airport where it froze almost every time. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation.

In addition, I also ran the airport update recently and now it thinks every landing is 200+ feet off the center line.

Dan
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

I forgot to mention above that I had FSI Panel load the same or similar long final into 01R or 01C about five times
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Iadbound wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:11 pm I unticked the "Program FMC" option and there were no freezes at KIAD -- an airport where it froze almost every time. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation.
A long time issue with PMDG FMC unfortunately.
Even without FSiPanel, changing destination in RTE page leads to CTD.

Apparently a new version of the FMC will come out with the -600 for MSFS, I hope that issue will be fixed.
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

There is a revised Lateral Navigation package coming with the -600, but I don't know that it will fundamentally changes the FMC unless PMDG has told you something else.
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

Also, if the software can't reliably program the FMC, this ought to be noted as a limitation of FSI Panel and the PMDG generally.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Iadbound wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:11 pm Also, if the software can't reliably program the FMC, this ought to be noted as a limitation of FSI Panel and the PMDG generally.
This is exactly why FSiPanel has an option to disable FMC programming.
for a large majority of users, it works perfectly well but for some reasons it gives a CTD on some computers.

If any of you having CTD on the 737 can make a video filming the FO FMC? this will help looking for a workaround.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

J-P,

You requested a video of the PMDG 737-700 freezing when "Program FMC" is ticked. I have made the video (link below). Setup is a long final, KIAD 01R (FlightBeam). Please note that this is using the PMDG 737-700 version 3.0.20 and not 3.0.24 which PMDG released on June 23-24.

https://youtu.be/0BLL_RqiQDk

Sincerely,
Dan
usama_prof

Post by usama_prof »

Hi,

I purchased fsipanel 3 weeks ago and since then I am experiencing freezing more than 90% of the time, I searched the forum here and found you are aware of the problem and was expecting a fix, now the software is not doing what is supposed to do and you can't even get it to work with Fenix, what is the way you refund users who can't get it to work as long as you don't have solution of the problem
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

Unfortunately, I don't think FSI Panel works with Fenix yet. J-P lists all of the compatible aircraft here:

https://www.fsipanel.com/product/fsipan ... l-license/

Fenix is not on the list.