Freezing with PMDG 737

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Freezing with PMDG 737

Post by jpgarraio »

usama_prof wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 am I purchased fsipanel 3 weeks ago and since then I am experiencing freezing more than 90% of the time, I searched the forum here and found you are aware of the problem and was expecting a fix
First of all, thanks for the purchase. The freezes we have now on the 737 and other aircraft is known by ASEBO, many pilots are experiencing random CTD now with any aircraft and without using FSiPanel, for this, we need a fix of MSFS.
For the PMDG freeze, it seems to be related with a known issue on the FMC, have you tried to untick "Program FMC" in the options? changing destination on RTE page or updating cruise altitude freezes the aircraft again with or without FSiPanel.
I have found a way to work around this, I'm just waiting for Navigraph to issue a common release, FSiPanel will be using navigraph database for the approaches, which will also fix the localizer courses.
usama_prof wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 am you can't even get it to work with Fenix
As said above, FSiPanel is not compatible with FENIX A320, to be compatible, I need approval from the FENIX developers which is still pending. Where did you find information that FSiPanel was or will be compatible with Fenix?

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Iadbound wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:21 am J-P,

You requested a video of the PMDG 737-700 freezing when "Program FMC" is ticked. I have made the video (link below). Setup is a long final, KIAD 01R (FlightBeam). Please note that this is using the PMDG 737-700 version 3.0.20 and not 3.0.24 which PMDG released on June 23-24.

https://youtu.be/0BLL_RqiQDk

Sincerely,
Dan
Hi Dan,

Many thanks for the video!
No freeze on that one? If you have freezes, have you tried with Program FMC unticked?
I think issue is coming from setting the cruise altitude in the FMC for some reason, I have even tried on normal flight without FSiPanel.
Next version will set the whole FMC but will leave the cruise altitude blank which could fix most of the CTD.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Iadbound

Post by Iadbound »

J-P,

The freeze is right at the end of the video, that’s why it stops. And yes, Program FMC is ticked since that was what you asked for earlier.

When I run it without Program FMC ticked it works normally.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Perfect, Many thanks!
The next update should fix it then, I just wait on Navigraph on I will push the update.
Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer