PMDG panel state name issue

woodstock327

PMDG panel state name issue

Post by woodstock327 »

Hi J-P,

here's something else I ran into, and it's such a rare condition that you probably don't need to worry about it, but it might be good for you to know in case it does indeed come up again with someone else...

I played around with the snapshot feature, and when I loaded a snapshot that I saved when I was doing the PHNL approach I was confused when I looked at the MCU LEGS page, as it listed a route from LIRP-LSZA. Then I tried to load one of the training scenarios, and again the MCU was programmed with the LIRP route.... :shock: Then it dawned on me - I remembered that I did save a PMDG panel state long time ago for a LIRP approach, so I looked into the panel state folder:
2022-07-16 12_35_52-PanelState.jpg
I assume that the 000FSI.* files are used by FSIPanel for snapshot and scenarios, and that you named it "000*" so that they in order always at the beginning of the directory listing? If so then maybe my own saved panel state (PIS-12)LIRP.* seems to screw this up and makes FSIPanel load this one instead...

Of course it's very unlikely that someone would name their panel state with characters that are before "0" (no idea why mine was name that way ;) ) , just thought I'd let you know.

Dirk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: PMDG panel state name issue

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Dirk,

100% correct with your analysis and the name 000FSI given to FSiPanel Snapshots!
The reason is as you said to be on the top of the list, wasn't expecting anything less than the 0 character :-)

Again something to have on my list should the problem affect someone else.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer