Starting altitude for snapshots

woodstock327

Starting altitude for snapshots

Post by woodstock327 »

Hi J-P,

I noticed something about creating snapshots, and just want to know if that's intentional or if it's a bug...

I started an approach with FSIPanel, was all set up in the cockpit, ALT HOLD at 8000 feet, dialed in a lower altitude of 3000 ft on the MCP (but still holding at 8000), and then created a snapshot. The next time I loaded the snapshot I found that the aircraft was positioned at 3000 ft instead of the altitude I was at (8000 ft) at the time I created the snapshot...

No big deal now that I know that it seems to save with the altitude dialed in, instead of the altitude I'm currently at, just wondering if this is how it's supposed to work.

Thanks!
Dirk
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Starting altitude for snapshots

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Dirk,

FSiPanel takes the MCP altitude when saving the snapshot to avoid all kind of wrong behavior due to altimeter settings and other factors.
So when you save a Snapshot, your MCP altitude shall be the same as aircraft altitude...

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
woodstock327

Re: Starting altitude for snapshots

Post by woodstock327 »

jpgarraio wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:58 pm Hi Dirk,

FSiPanel takes the MCP altitude when saving the snapshot to avoid all kind of wrong behavior due to altimeter settings and other factors.
So when you save a Snapshot, your MCP altitude shall be the same as aircraft altitude...

Cheers,

J-P
Thanks for the clarification, makes sense!

Dirk