FBW A320 NEO New Procedure.

DaveM

FBW A320 NEO New Procedure.

Post by DaveM »

Hi JP

I had a few minutes spare yesterday and tried the new procedure outlined in your latest video.

Unfortunately the two attempts I tried resulted in an unstable scenario and both times the A329 went into A Floor mode. I didn’t have time to troubleshoot, it may have been due to changes made in the FWW product. I’ll try again on the weekend and report back.

I was using the Development Module for the test.

Dave
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: FBW A320 NEO New Procedure.

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, I will have a look at it, so far no other reports.
Did you set your Thrust levers to CL ? FMA showing SPEED initially?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Also did you restart the simulator after FSiPanel message?
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi JP

Yes to both questions. I’ll try again today. There have been a lot of changes to the FBW A320 since I last used it. I’ll check the documentation to make sure it’s set up correctly. I’ve been spending most of my time with the Fenix.

Dave
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

HI JP,

Well I tried several attempts to get the Advanced Version of FSiPanel working using the new procedure for the FBW A320.

I could get as far as setting up EGGD 09 Long final and pressing move aircraft.

The programme would then go through the normal prompts i.e.

Move throttles to Climb. Engines spool up, flaps set, autobrake set, spoilers armed.
Parking brake remained set.

MSFS 2020 Screen

FSiPanel Screen
Long file flashing
Position summary working.

Then nothing happens. No MCDU programming, aircraft sits on runway.

I then went back over your video to make sure I wasn't missing anything and noticed I wasn't getting the MCDU connected prompt at the beginning of the process.

So I decided something must have been missed in the install process and I would try a complete uninstall/install to clean everything up.

My problem now is that my licence code now comes up as invalid even though I purchased the Advanced System Upgrade in July.

Which version should I now download and which Licence Number should I use?

Thanks,

Dave
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Dave,

Just use your initial Standard edition license, it will install as advanced if you purchased the upgrade.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Thanks J-P

FSiPanel installed again and updated to latest version.

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem with the FBW A320. I've tried the Development version and the Experimental Versin with the same results. Everything seems to work up to the point where I'm prompted to move the throttles to Climb. The engines spool up and the aircraft just sits there on the runway.

I reset everything again and tried a Cessna and FSiPilot works perfectly.

I'll try again tomorrow, I have to go now as "The Boss" has other plans for me.

Dave

p.s I still do not see the message "MCDU Connected" that I see on your video. FMA does not show Speed. Maybe that's a clue?

p.p.s. This mod doesn’t require FSUIPC does it? The thought came to me while riding my bike. I assume you are using simconnect.
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

HI All I'm getting the same problem using the FBW A320 (experimental) as well.
I get the message to set throttles to climb. then the engines spool up and nothing else. what I did try was to press "Y" (slew) followed by "F4" to get me up to the required height, in this case 2500ft and then FSiPanel took over and started to do it's thing including filling out the MCDU.
For the rest of that flight it worked perfectly.
Regards
Brian
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi J-P

I thought I might have a clue as to what is happening with my setup. I use a Addon Linker App which allows me to keep my Community basically empty except for Symbolic Links ( symlinks ) to the actual storage location. So this morning I moved all the relevant files to the community folder and reran my tests.

Unfortunately the tests returned exactly the same results. I tried Brian’s “Y” and F4 suggestion, and while it seemed to unlock FSiPilot it resulted in an immediate A-floor on the A320. This was using the experimental build of the FBW A320.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

Dave
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

BrianT wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:31 am HI All I'm getting the same problem using the FBW A320 (experimental) as well.
I get the message to set throttles to climb. then the engines spool up and nothing else. what I did try was to press "Y" (slew) followed by "F4" to get me up to the required height, in this case 2500ft and then FSiPanel took over and started to do it's thing including filling out the MCDU.
For the rest of that flight it worked perfectly.
Hi,

When you set your thrust levers to CL on ground, confirm parking brake was OFF ? and speed on the PFD increasing?
Maybe parking brake did not release?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer