FBW A320 NEO New Procedure.

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: FBW A320 NEO New Procedure.

Post by jpgarraio »

DaveM wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 am Hi J-P

I thought I might have a clue as to what is happening with my setup. I use a Addon Linker App which allows me to keep my Community basically empty except for Symbolic Links ( symlinks ) to the actual storage location. So this morning I moved all the relevant files to the community folder and reran my tests.

Unfortunately the tests returned exactly the same results. I tried Brian’s “Y” and F4 suggestion, and while it seemed to unlock FSiPilot it resulted in an immediate A-floor on the A320. This was using the experimental build of the FBW A320.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

Dave
Hi Dave,

If the speed is low when FSiPanel puts you in the air you will get A-FLOOR.
Normally when you set your thrust levers to CL on ground, the aircraft will accelerate BUT in a static position (position freeze)
When the speed is 130 kts on the PFD FSiPanel puts you in the air.

Parking brake off? Do you see a speed increase on the PFD?

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

jpgarraio wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:26 am
BrianT wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:31 am HI All I'm getting the same problem using the FBW A320 (experimental) as well.
I get the message to set throttles to climb. then the engines spool up and nothing else. what I did try was to press "Y" (slew) followed by "F4" to get me up to the required height, in this case 2500ft and then FSiPanel took over and started to do it's thing including filling out the MCDU.
For the rest of that flight it worked perfectly.
Hi,

When you set your thrust levers to CL on ground, confirm parking brake was OFF ? and speed on the PFD increasing?
Maybe parking brake did not release?

Cheers,

J-P
Parking brake was released. I did it on my controller and double checked in the sim. No increase in speed on the tape but engines at 70% ish I would need to double check later. There definitely seems to be an issue in the actual moving of the aircraft as once I'd skewed to the correct alt fsipanel the began filling in the mcdu but not before.
Regards
Brian
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

Well done as always J-P, I think you were right in your assumption of the parking brake being the problem. I can now get it working every time. The problem for me was because of my hardware parking brake being on at the moment FSIP wants to remove it. The A320 will start to move down the runway if no brake is applied and so having it on while setting up FSIP is essential.
What I'm doing now is releasing my hardware brake and then setting it to "on" in the sim (by clicking on it) the aircraft then sits happily on the runway while I set up FSIP.
I then click move AC I'm instructed to move levers to CL and then it releases the parking brake the speed tape increases to 130 and then we are airborn.

I hope this is the same solution for Dave.

apologies J-P if I've caused you needless debugging.

regards
Brian
Regards
Brian
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi J-P

No the parking brake did not release, and the speed did not increase even though the engines spooled up.

I’ll try again this morning with the brakes released before starting FSiPilot.

Dave
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi J-P

Bingo!

I set everything up as normal in MSFS and FSiPanel but this time tried a different procedure.

This time I released the parking brake in MSFS and then immediately pressed Move Aircraft in FSiPanel. The engines spooled up, speed increased, and the aircraft started to position correctly. The MCDU was programmed and the prompt to switch off the Beacon appeared. Once turned off the landing proceeded as expected.

I still did not see the MCDU Connected prompt though.

regards,

Dave
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Great thank you guys,

I will modify the procedure to request parkbrake off from the user himself if FSiPanel fails to do it.
Good finding!

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Hi J-P

While testing the new procedure I came across another bug you might want to look into.

I was practicing a landing at Heathrow on 27R and found that FSiPanel set up the approach for 27L! The ILS was set for 269 on 109.5 ILL.

I left everything as set and did a go around to align with 27L and did a full Cat 3 landing with no problems. When I checked the landing report it was perfect except for the fact that I landed 4649' left of centreline. This would be the offset from 27R as planned.

Thanks,

Dave

p.s. Setup and landing procedure for EGLL 27L was fine.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Thanks, this is because FSiPanel compares the NavigraphDB and finf the expected position of the approach which can vary as FBW uses the MSFS2020 database.

I found a way to read the MCDU lines on the FBW aircraft, I will then be able to make sure the right approach is selected.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer