What should be the next Snapshot?

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
jpgarraio
Site Admin

What should be the next Snapshot?

Post by jpgarraio » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi guys,

What kind of external snapshot would you like to see next?

Cheers,

J-P

funkyhut

Re: What should be the next Snapshot?

Post by funkyhut » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 am

Hi J-P,
Been waiting for P3D V4 patiently and wow, it's here. Thank You. Bought it last night.

I'm having problems in the STAR transition with PMDG QOTSII getting the setup into VNAV PATH. It's stubbornly sticking in VNAV ALT. I've watched your iFLY 744 video but still, on the PMDG it simply won't go right!

I'm at 12000ft at BSR +5 on the BSR.BSR3 into KSFO 28R, MENLO transition. Loaded from the P3D v4 default splash screen.

Also, the 744 always loads with 9% fuel. I guess and I get INSUFFICIENT FUEL. Perhaps I did something wrong on the setup? Ideally, for STAR approaches I'd like to have 33% but don't know how to fix it. Delete and re load the airplane?

A step-by-step on this would be great, especially on the correct sequence for the FMC programming, which is maybe the reason I'm having issues here.

Is it possible to EXPORT a snapshot file I've created to share with others?

Thanks in anticipation.
Chris Stanley
VTCC

por911

Post by por911 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi JP,

The NZQN approach is very challenging. I recall on your last forum, you carried out this approach in the PMDG 777. Of course, you could not land at Queenstown and diverted.
I would like to see this snapshot for the, FSL A320, PMDG 737 and the Majestic Dash8 Q400, and any other a/c that you configure for FSiPanel that can land at Queenstown.

Another Snapshot could be the approach and landing at EGLC. Pretty steep angle approach.

Geoff

funkyhut

Post by funkyhut » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to EXPORT a snapshot file I've created to share with others?

Thanks in anticipation.
Chris Stanley
VTCC

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi Chris,

This function is not supported.

I was thinking about it, the problem is that I can not offer any support for all the snapshot files that will be available..

I will have a look to see if it is feasible to export a snapshot file with the condition that no support will be provided.

Cheers,

J-P

funkyhut

Post by funkyhut » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi,
I'm sure that the FSIPanel community would fully understand that files shared amongst users would be on a "personal responsibility" basis.
My thinking was to try to make more available while also giving you a break from the pressure of producing the snapshots.

I guess airplane matching would be important so anyone sharing snapshots would need to ensure that the correct airplane model was clearly specified but I suspect that within FSIPanel itself, when you import a snapshot, it is checked before being "accepted" by the system?

Thanks again for a great product and for porting it to P3D v4.
Chris Stanley
VTCC

stewamar

Post by stewamar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

G'day JP,

thanks for the amazing news that FSiPanel works for P3D V4 !! I am extremely grateful for the update as I used FSiPanel constantly in FSX.

Can I put in a vote for VHHX IGS 13 and the ILS 31.

Anyone who has the latest Navigraph AIRAC will have my VHHX data included, so the approach is open to all (who have the add-on scenery).

Thanks and regards Martin YBLT

funkyhut

Post by funkyhut » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:51 am

Hi stewamar,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pvoA3 ... by2268j-f1

Above is a "snapshot" I just set up for the NOMAN STAR into Kai Tak which transitions to IGS 13 from CH. PMDG 747-400 BA livery. If you look carefully at the horizon you can just make out Lantau Island. I have another snapshot for the TAMOT STAR for the ILS 31 when arriving from the North (see below) and another for the BEKOL ONE ALPHA SID from RW13. Finally the 31 SID to CH.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cB_fA ... qDMu-7T8Be

I used to live in HK in the 80's and flew the IGS in a C172 countless times. With everything now in Navigraph, FSIPanel and Fly Tampa VHHX, the old airport is alive again. One small problem on the IGS in P3D v4 with Fly Tampa Kai Tak - there are autogen buildings just before the turn at minimums. There are 3 requests on the Fly Tampa forum to fix this. Please add yours!

If you see my posts above I've suggested to J-P that there be a facility to share snapshots with the community.

Take Care.
Chris Stanley
VTCC

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm

funkyhut wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 am
Hi J-P,
Been waiting for P3D V4 patiently and wow, it's here. Thank You. Bought it last night.

I'm having problems in the STAR transition with PMDG QOTSII getting the setup into VNAV PATH. It's stubbornly sticking in VNAV ALT. I've watched your iFLY 744 video but still, on the PMDG it simply won't go right!

I'm at 12000ft at BSR +5 on the BSR.BSR3 into KSFO 28R, MENLO transition. Loaded from the P3D v4 default splash screen.

Also, the 744 always loads with 9% fuel. I guess and I get INSUFFICIENT FUEL. Perhaps I did something wrong on the setup? Ideally, for STAR approaches I'd like to have 33% but don't know how to fix it. Delete and re load the airplane?

A step-by-step on this would be great, especially on the correct sequence for the FMC programming, which is maybe the reason I'm having issues here.

Is it possible to EXPORT a snapshot file I've created to share with others?

Thanks in anticipation.
Yep this is a problem in your VNAV FMC programming. If the aircraft is in VNAV ALT, it will not descend.

I will try to make a quick video to show you the steps required to do a VNAV descent on your STAR.

Cheers,

J-P

funkyhut

Post by funkyhut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 am

Hi J-P,
Many thanks.

I dug back into my PSX (Aerowinx) books and videos and the PMDG stuff and have now figured out the proper sequence. Made a snapshot for a couple of STARS into VHHX (NORMAN and TAMOL) which worked perfectly.

FYI, if there is a way to do it, I'd be very happy to provide the community with snapshots based on the PMDG 744 and 777.
Chris Stanley
VTCC