VHHX Kaitak in 40th Anniv Sim update

AceAirstream

VHHX Kaitak in 40th Anniv Sim update

Post by AceAirstream »

With the arrival of Kai Tak in the latest Sim update, I thought it would be good to practise the famous IGS13 approach. I set up a custom waypoint based on the outer marker, and using the PMDG 737–800, set up a final approach from an altitude of 1777 feet and heading of 090 according to the charts. They seem to put me in roughly the correct position for a final approach, and after two or three attempts to get the landing right, I finally nailed it! However in none of my attempts was there a landing report button available once on the ground. Is this because FSI panel doesn’t detect an airport at this position (I have to type in the name manually as the onscreen keyboard just offers VHH- no x available) and so doesn’t think I’ve landed? Not quite sure how to resolve, and anyone else who can improve my set up for this approach, I’d love to hear from you!.
AceAirstream

Re: VHHX Kaitak in 40th Anniv Sim update

Post by AceAirstream »

I think I’ve solved my own problem, but may be of use to others so posting it. I also noticed duplicate runway markings and searching revealed this was a Navigraph issue, which was solved by installing 22/11 rev 2, and this also seemed to restore the landing report in FSI Panel. Now I need to nail that landing again!
(If anyone can suggest or share other ways of setting up this iconic approach, it would still be good to hear them!)
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi, nice approach, I will have a look and create a pilot WP for it.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Do you have any approach charts for this airport?
J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Just made a quick video for the IGS 13

Cheers,

J-P

https://youtu.be/_vvXgwoFC9M
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
AceAirstream

Post by AceAirstream »

J-P

Many thanks for doing this-very kind of you to go to this trouble to make the video.
I’m not sure I can find a link to your Discord server though. Any chance of posting it?

Ace Airstream