Some issues with User Waypoints, Snapshots and Settings

Post by MerlinCH65 »

Hello All

I have three issues I'd like to solve with your help:

1) Messed up flight plan after loading a User Waypoint

This is what I did so far:

- Loaded PMDG 737-600 in sim
- On the runway, ready to take off
- FMC entered (Flight Plan, Dept/Arrival, INIT etc. - no discontinuity - all good to go)

Then I load a previously defined WP which in my case is the VOR ITE (Itami) where I set myself up 8 km ahead, correct radial and heading, ITE being a waypoint on my flightplan.

Once FSiPanel went through it's loading process and gives me the control of the aircraft, I see the following:

1) The plane sits at the correct waypoint - this worked well (so the waypoint-thingie worked out - great ;-)
2) The flightplan in the FMC however shows now a different flight plan - mainly it shows me first a discontinuity and the following waypoints have
nothing to do with my flight plan I loaded initially when preparing the plane for the flight

2) Plane state not saved correctly after taking a snapshot

So, since loading a waypoint did mess up my flightplan, I tried a second option - namely flying the route until the point where I want to load in in order to practice my descent and approach. So, I set up the whole flight with flightplan etc. yadda yadda and once I arrive at the point where I'd like to jump into the flight to practice, I put the plane on ALT Hold and HDG. Note that at this point the 737-600 is fully configured, and flying exactly as required.
Now I take a snapshot and wait until FSiPanel says that the snapshot has been taken. Once this has been confirmed and the snapshot is saved, I exit the flight.

Now I load back into the sim on the dept runway and make sure the plane is in take-off config (by loading panel state runway and giving the plane time to spool up - engines etc. running.

Now I load the previously done snapshot and FSiPanel loads the snapshot. But instead of putting me into the exact same state of the plane, now the plane has no electric power no engine and we all are nosediving into a horrible death. I have to assume around 129 passengers died for that test :mrgreen:

3) Button "Update Database" missing
As per the manual, there should be a button "Update Database" within Setup/Option - this button does not exist in my version?

I hope that somebody can point me towards what I'm doing wrong here?

best
Merlin
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Some issues with User Waypoints, Snapshots and Settings

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for your post.

1: If you have option FMC enabled on the 737, FSiPanel will always set ORIGIN/DEST and weight for your flight, therefore clearing any FMC entries done before the flight.

2: Could you please check in config.xml that FSiPanel has the correct path for your 737 folder:
<PMDG736WorkPath>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work</PMDG738WorkPath>

This is where FSiPanel will restore your snapshot files.

3: This will be corrected in user manual as we now use Navigraph DB, no need to update it manually with this button

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer