WASM Module installation failed

jpgarraio
Site Admin

WASM Module installation failed

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,
if FSiPanel is not able to install the WASM module in your community folder, please download the zip file below and install it manually.
Make sure to read the readmefirst.txt contained in the archive.
You just need to copy FSIPANEL directory to your community folder AND then restart both MSFS and FSiPanel
FSIPANEL_WASM_MODULE.zip
Instructions:
Manual WASM Module installation.pdf
Cheers,

J-P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
zs-mow

Re: WASM Module installation failed

Post by zs-mow »

thanks for speedy response, I'll give it a try
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Bonjour J-P,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is WASM in the FSiPanel context?
I have seen that it means WebAssembly module but I don’t catch its purpose.

Thanks!
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Bonjour Laurent,

The module is required to READ/WRITE local variables used by addons like Fenix, FBW, etc.

Without the module FSiPanel would not be able to set the cockpit properly.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Okay, understood, thanks JP.

So, talking about setting up the cockpit (which I use most with the 30,000ft positioning), would it be possible to have Alt, HDG and Speed already set on the FCU (MCP) with the levers already in CLB? Or is it precisely something that cannot be setup with FSiPanel?

If it is not possible, I hope Fenix will soon be able to release the snapshot feature... ;)
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Laurent, yes you can set the ALT, HDG and SPEED with thrust levers in CLB, you will then need to cycle your Thrust levers (Get out of CL for 1 sec and back to CL), FSiPanel will then start the positioning.

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

jpgarraio wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:20 pm Hi Laurent, yes you can set the ALT, HDG and SPEED with thrust levers in CLB, you will then need to cycle your Thrust levers (Get out of CL for 1 sec and back to CL), FSiPanel will then start the positioning.

Regards,

J-P
Thanks for your reply J-P, but I can see that I was not very clear with my request.

In fact, I was asking if FSiPanel would be able to set everything directly to the FCU, and also if it could set a default ZFW/CG.
But I guess, if it was something feasible, this is something you would have directly implemented.

The goal is to have directly an aircraft up and running in the air to deal quickly with failures and ECAMs.
FSiPanel does most of it very well already, but perhaps, it can go a little bit even further :P ;)
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Laurent wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:16 pm In fact, I was asking if FSiPanel would be able to set everything directly to the FCU, and also if it could set a default ZFW/CG.
But I guess, if it was something feasible, this is something you would have directly implemented.
At least it was feasible :D
Thank you JP ;)
cglofland@gmail.com

Post by cglofland@gmail.com »

My system told me I had an update, I replied to install. Now the software will not load. The program start page comes up and then program closes. I tried the WASM instructions but it ask for password which mine will not work. Help, Chan Lofland
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Did you update FSiPanel to the latest version and then it did not start anymore?
Please go to FSiPanel folder and delete config.xml

Restart FSiPanel, any better?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer