Connection issues to Sim

AceAirstream

Connection issues to Sim

Post by AceAirstream »

I'm having intermittent but increasingly regular connection issues between FS2020 and third party applications and aircraft, including the PMDG 738, Fenix A320 and FBW A32nx as well as applications such as Axis&Ohs and FSiPanel. Perhaps every 5th or 6th time I run the Simulator in recent weeks, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. I wonder if you might be able to explain what connections are not being made when FSi Panel loads but the Detected compatible aircraft is N/A and the bar at the bottom says 'Waiting for Flight Simulator'?

At present the Fenix has loaded in the Sim fine, and indeed Axis and Ohs has loaded the Fenix template I use, albeit after quite a while 'waiting for 'SimConnect'. Something in FS2020 is causing the various addons and apps to have difficulty connecting but I'm not sure what, and the intermittent nature is making it harder to troubleshoot- I make a change, reboot and things work fine- is that because of the change I made or just because it feels like behaving on that occasion? For the last couple of days FS2020, addons and FSiPanel have all behaved flawlessly, but things were misbehaving earlier in the week. Any help/ideas would be welcome to help me narrow down the possible causes.