FBW A32NX Gear down issue for clean profile

curbz

FBW A32NX Gear down issue for clean profile

Post by curbz »

Hi.. I am experiencing an issue where the gear is unexpectedly already down when positioning the aircraft with a clean profile at high altitude (custom waypoint or selecting a STAR waypoint).

FSIPanel version: 2020 for MSFS standard edition version 1.0.0.57
Aircraft: Flybywire A32NX current development build (a3332bb)
ICAO: LGSA
RWY: 29
Position: Custom Pilot's Waypoint - used AKORO waypoint as fix, zero offset, Lat 37.21 Long 24.393333, Altitude 23000, Heading 163 , Profile Clean
FBW Setup Options: Program FMC: checked, Autobrake: LOW, Flaps: FULL, after landing flow and managed speed unchecked

FSIPanel goes through the preparing approach procedure, I move levers to CL detent as directed, FSI programs the FMC and instruction to set beacon light off given and performed. Altitude of 23000 has been captured but the following error is displayed on the ECAM:

L/G LGCIU 2 FAULT

Viewing the aircraft externally I can see the gear is down.

The speed falls slowly away from the target of 240, A/P disconnects and despite raising landing gear I am unable to clear the error or recover the aircraft into normal operations to maintain the cruise phase.
curbz

Re: FBW A32NX Gear down issue for clean profile

Post by curbz »

I should also add that this does not occur every single time, but about 50% of the time. On the other occasions the gear is immediately (and automatically without manual intervention) retracted as soon as the aircraft is airborne.
curbz

Post by curbz »

tried again, this time the gear was retracted but the main gear doors stayed open resulting in the same ECAM message: L/G LGCIU 2 FAULT
curbz

Post by curbz »

Another test and this time I used the external view to observe from the very beginning of FSI's preparation when the aircraft was on the runway.

Once the aircraft was airborne, the landing gear automatically retracted but then immediately lowered again, then retracted once more but left the main gear doors open.

I immediately manually cycled the landing gear and this time the doors closed once the gear retracted and I was able to continue with the flight.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi, just saw your post as it is on the P3D section and not MSFS:

I suspect that if yu start at a high altitude, the maximum speed to retract landing gear is boost and therefore the FBW is simulating this by a failure.
Could you try same position but let's say 8000ft, same issue with the gear?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
curbz

Post by curbz »

Apologies JP for posting in P3D instead of MSFS 2020 - I think I saw the '2020' that was actually the '2020' of 'FSIPANEL 2020' in the heading and mistakenly thought I was looking at the MSFS '2020' section.

As suggested, I tried again at 8000ft and observed pretty much the same issue. I say pretty much because very oddly whilst both left and right main gear initially retracted (doors remained open), immediately after, just the left main gear lowered on its own!
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

I just made a video for this case, can you check it?
https://youtu.be/riojhEX6uPg

cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer