Feedback from new customer

aguther

Feedback from new customer

Post by aguther »

Hello,

I just recently bought FSiPanel 2020 for MSFS and overall, it's a great tool.

My personal wish list:
- no need for administrative rights when starting
- user interface scaling and look and feel to be more modern
- ability to resize landing report window and better default size and position
- save landing report as PDF

There is also a tendency that FSiPanel disappears during setup of the plane (and leaves the plane in frozen position behind).

Best regards,
Andreas
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from new customer

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Andreas,

Many thanks for your message!
aguther wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 pm - no need for administrative rights when starting
This is required to save panelstate in MSFS directory for PMDG fleet. If the user uses the default path, MSFS will be installed in C:\Program Files... and access is protected, snapshot mode won't be working anymore.
aguther wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 pm - user interface scaling and look and feel to be more modern
This interface look is a choice, to make it look as close as possible to a real levelD simulator panel, the idea was to make it simple to understand.
aguther wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 pm ability to resize landing report window and better default size and position
That should be the case if you move and resize the landing report, when closed, it should remember last position.
aguther wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 pm save landing report as PDF
You can save the landing reports in your database, have you tried to print it as PDF ?

When you click MOVE AC, FSiPanel is giving the focus to MSFS as setting of the approach is over, this is an expected behavior for people flying on a single monitor.

Thank you for joining our community!

Fly safe,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
aguther

Post by aguther »

Hello J-P,

thank you for the response.
This interface look is a choice, to make it look as close as possible to a real levelD simulator panel, the idea was to make it simple to understand.
Ok, I guess I should've been more specific. It's not about the look and feel itself, it's more about its ability (or better not so good ability) to adopt to different DPI and screen sizes.
That should be the case if you move and resize the landing report, when closed, it should remember last position.
When I resize a landing report, instead of resizing the content, it cuts off information. Additionally resizing is not working for me in height, only in width.

Examples for Position

Example for Resize:
You can save the landing reports in your database, have you tried to print it as PDF?
Yes, I can print it on PDF somehow. But two things here:
a) I'd like to be able to select the printer that is being used. Right now, it's always the default printer (so if you usually print on paper, you need to make your PDF printer default first to print to PDF)
b) I think the layout and design of the report on the paper has room for improvements

Example for printed report (it's just the window incl. border put on a paper):

Best,
Andreas
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Thanks Andreas, what resolution is the screen where you open the landing report ?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
aguther

Post by aguther »

jpgarraio wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 pm Thanks Andreas, what resolution is the screen where you open the landing report ?

Cheers,

J-P
My screen is 4K (3840 x 2160) but with a scaling of 175%.