New Reload method for multiple approaches

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
jpgarraio
Site Admin

New Reload method for multiple approaches

Post by jpgarraio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi guys,

Following advise from one of you, I've implemented an automatic reload of default Raptor F22 prior to the desired approach.
This methos seems to allow several approaches without having to restart P3D.

So far it has been tested successfully on Aerosoft A320 and FSLabs A320.

To use it :
  • Start P3D with the default scenario (F22 Raptor)
  • In FSiPanel / Setup / Options you will see a new option "Prepar3D default scenario" as shown below
Default1.jpg
double click on the text "Make sure P3D is running..." and the path of your default scenario should appear.
Default2.jpg
Restart FSiPanel and from now when flying a second approach on FSLabs A320 or Aerosoft A320 you will have the option to automatically reload the default scenario.

You only need to activate the option for the second approach, all the other approaches will be loaded using this method.

Cheers,

J-P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TazX

Re: New Reload method for multiple approaches

Post by TazX » Sat May 18, 2019 11:29 am

Hi JP,

First of, congratulations on a great tool which I have acquired a few days ago!

I flight AS A320 Pro v.1.2.4.0 (latest as of today). First approach works like a charm; only a minor issue when FSiPanel asks for CL mode on Throttle where I cannot move it to CL until after I press Y. But no big deal.

The real issue comes when trying to repeat that same flight. I have followed your instructions to the point: (i) Reload last flight, (ii) takes me to the default Plance/ Scenario (F22), (iii) it then loads the AS A320 Pro on Final just like the last flight.

The problem is that this time, up to the point when it tells me to put throttle to CL, most systems seem ON except the FMSs. When I press Y and set throttle to CL, the FMS is maintained OFF for sometime and the it comes ON ... but then no data is entered automatically in the FMS (INIT, INIT-B, F-PLAN, RAD/NAV, PERF ...). The flight at that point is un-flyable.

I am working on getting more input on why this happens with AS A320 Pro and if I find out I'll let you know. Just wondering if you are experiencing same situation with this plane v.1.2.4.0.

Thank you.

Best!

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Wed May 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi,

Have you tried with version 1.0.0.53?
I changed some code in the restart process

Cheers,

J-P

TazX

Post by TazX » Fri May 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Thank you J-P.

Just downloaded latest version 1.0.0.54. To reload a flight I get two options: (i) going back to F22 or (ii) restart Sim. Going back to F22 does not work - same thing described above happens. Restarting the Sim works fine :)

Thank you.

Best!

Petermuc3

Post by Petermuc3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,

same thing here. Starting the Raptor crashes the sim.
I am on the latest FSI Panel. With a much older version -I think it was rev43-
I was able to load the Raptor and then hit MOVE.

Thanks Peter

Petermuc3

Post by Petermuc3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:20 pm

I uninstalled FSI and reinstalled, but the problem persits.

This on P3D4.5 and FSL A320X.
Peter

youngie63

Post by youngie63 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:50 am

G'day JP

Everything works a treat with the exception that I receive the following message halfway through the P3DV4 reboot "Error restarting P3D, error -1" - this appears on the FSIPanel screen. P3D still loads to the default save and I then reselect 'Move Aircraft' and all is as it should be. Just curious as to what the error message refers too.

Cheers
Steve