Centerline descrepency

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Centerline descrepency

Post by jpgarraio » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am

Thanks for the report. I will try the same approach and see why we have this numbers.

J-P

LecLightning56

Post by LecLightning56 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:03 am

LecLightning56 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:34 pm
J-P,

Just tried the new beta and things are still not right. I have just done a CAT III at KVPS RW30 with a spot-on centreline autoland and the landing report gives a deviation of 28m right of the centreline on landing!

Hope you can identify things accordingly. Otherwise, thanks for the usual excellent support to us all.
I tried the same approach today at 4nm out on the ILS and found that FSiPanel had placed the aircraft well to the right of the localizer track for this airfield. This was done under nil wind (and hence one might expect that there would be no wind-related deviation of the aircraft from the localizer) and I had also completely updated the database in FSiPanel beforehand. Hope you can nail this issue soon!

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am

I have just tried the same approach and I was aligned perfectly at 8NM final, landing on centerline on the report.
Have you checked your Slew axis?? maybe the aircraft slewed a bit after the initial setup.

Cheers,

J-P

LecLightning56

Post by LecLightning56 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:52 pm

jpgarraio wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am
I have just tried the same approach and I was aligned perfectly at 8NM final, landing on centerline on the report.
Have you checked your Slew axis?? maybe the aircraft slewed a bit after the initial setup.

Cheers,

J-P
All is fine and dandy now. It looks as if I had applied an AIRAC update to the Prepar3D v4 simulator by use of fsAerodata software, which may have modified how FSiPanel goes about positioning aircraft. Once having disabled the AIRAC update to Prepar3D v4 in fsAerodata, the aircraft is now perfectly aligned on the localizer track and (for test purposes) an autoland results in a landing report of no centreline deviation on landing.

Thanks again for your excellent support and hopefully case closed now. I shall have to investigate how fsAerodata modifies the simulator to produce such gross deviations, or indeed if it interferes with the FSiPanel database and how I can prevent this from happening.

troncy

Post by troncy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Bonsoir,

I have the same problem after installing fsAerodata. There is something strange because if I position the A/C with Lord of the Landing, it is well aligned. As Lord of landing doesn't use Makerunway, it could be a problem with the file generation.

I 'll continue to check tomorrow to see what are the differences in the runway file generated by MakeRwys with and without fsAerodata.
Cheers
Claude

LecLightning56

Post by LecLightning56 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 am

For your information there is an issue using fsaerodata with MakeRwys if using FSiPanel. What I have found is that if you use fsaerodata, then deactivate all the entries for fsaerodata under scenery in the sim before you update the FSiPanel database.

Once you have updated the FSiPanel database, then reactivate the fsaerodata entries in the sim. It would appear that if you update the FSiPanel database with fsaerodata installed, then you must deactivate the fsaerodata entries in the scenery before you update the database. fsaerodata can then be reactivated.

The problem appears to be associated with MakeRwys itself and is an obvious incompatibility with fsaerodata within the realms of how FSiPanel goes about things. I don't know if there could be a cleverer way of doing things to avoid such conflicts within FSiPanel itself other than how I have described things.

troncy

Post by troncy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi LecLightning56,

Thank you for the info. In fact I have also conclued there was a problem with MakeRwys itself.
What was also strange is that the ils was active but not captured (PMDG737NGX LFPO runway 24)

I have compared the runway.xml with and without fsaerodata, and the magvar data was -2.00 whithout fsaerodata and 0.780 with it for Orly airport (LFPO)
In the runway.txt I do not see any difference.
What do you think J-P ?

I 'll post on the fsuipc forum. may be Pete will have an idea.
Cheers
Claude

troncy

Post by troncy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi,
The last version of MakeRwys seems to correct the problem. I think it will be included in the next fsipanel update by J-P.
Cheers
Claude