FSIPanel cannot find Aerosoft A3xx aircraft

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
simbro

FSIPanel cannot find Aerosoft A3xx aircraft

Post by simbro » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 am

Probably due to the way that the Aerosoft A3xx aircrafts have been (default)installed on my system, FSIPane2017 (1.0.0.51) is having problems locating the liveries when I try to install an aircraft. The aircraft are available in P3D v4.3 and can be flown without problems but are not visible to FSIP - the livery pulldowns are empty!

Aircraft are installed in "D:\P3Dv4-scenery\aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes" & "D:\P3Dv4-scenery\aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes" and located via included addon.xml files.
I have also tried adding these paths manually to the simobjects.cfg file to no avail.

If I move the aircraft folders to the standard simobjects path ("D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes") FSIP is able to find the aircraft without problem but this defeats the idea of having addons outside of the P3D folder structure.

How have other Aerosoft A3xx users managed to get these aircraft installed into FSIP?

regards
Simon

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: FSIPanel cannot find Aerosoft A3xx aircraft

Post by jpgarraio » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 am

Hi,

I will have a look at it today to check how FSiPanel is looking for the liveries for this addon.

Cheers,

J-P

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Ok, FSiPanel is looking into the following directory for add-ons.cfg

- C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
- C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
- C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Do you have more than one addon.cfg file ??

Maybe you have double entries for your Airbus in 2 different files, just make sure to delete the entry not used anymore.

For example, my Airbus is found in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

[Package.5]
PATH=C:\Users\Jean-Pierre\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Cheers,

J-P

simbro

Post by simbro » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 am

Bonjour J-P,

The Aerosoft A3xx aircraft are only present in one add-ons.cfg file (C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg):
[Package.108]
Path=C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.109]
Path=C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

When I select a variant for the aircraft I receive a pop-up error message:
"FSiPanel can Not find your aircraft folder, please locate manually your aircraft.cfg file In the aircraft foler"
I then navigate to the aircraft.cfg file (C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320 CFM Professional) after which I can then select the livery I want and import the plane.

However, when I then try to use the aircraft the slew/configure goes haywire & the plane starts circling, climbing, diving, etc... and does not stabilize at the requested position!

Copying the aircraft folders to the default SimObjects/Aircraft folder and disabling the add-ons.cfg entries solves all these problems and everything works as expected. This, however defeats the object of installing outside of the P3D4 folder.

I have seen that I also have a file "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" with only 5 entries (no duplicates of entries in the 'roaming' file) and tried moving the A3xx entries from the 'roaming' file to the 'ProgramData' file... (added the 'Title=' lines manually)
[Package.5]
Path=C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.6]
Path=C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
This was to see whether the high package numbers (108/109) had to do with the problem.
Unfortunately, this made no difference and the same symptoms as with the original config arose (cannot locate aircraft.cfg)

Could it be that the TOTAL number of addon packages might be responsible? ie. FSiPanel has a limit somwhere? ;)

Meilleurs salutations de Genève
Simon

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 am

Hi Simon,

Thanks for this detailed report and sorry for the late reply, I'm on holiday until March 6th with limited internet availability.

Interesting findings here, I dont think it is due to a limit in addons, I will troubleshoot this issue when I'm back home.

Happy that you found a work around for now until it can be solved. As nobody else is having the same issue, we will have to go step by step to find where the problem lies.

Cheers,

J-P