Incomplete setup

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
jsmcwilliam

Incomplete setup

Post by jsmcwilliam » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:18 pm

P3DV4.4, Windows 10.

A problem has developed with FSiPanel. After choosing my parameters for the approach to runway 04R EKCH the program placed my 738 NGX above and to the right of the ILS. I cannot activate LNAV and APP without first goint into the FMC/Legs and choosing the final approach fix waypoint followed by activating the route again. I then press the brakes button to take control, however, the aircraft does not line up and begin its descent so I have to take control myself by turning the AP off and landing manually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

troncy

Re: Incomplete setup

Post by troncy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:54 am

Bonjour,
Do you use a global aeronautical database such as fsaerodata or aero.sor which update navdata ?
Cheers
Claude

jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 am

Hi J-P, Yes, I have fsaerodata installed to solve a problem with VoxAtc. My nvdata is Airac 1902 I think - not the latest but the one before that.
John

troncy

Post by troncy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 am

Hi John,
I am not J-P :D , but have a look here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=233.
I thing that by replacing the MakeRwys provided with FSIPanel by the last one from FSUIPC site, and by updating your DB , your problem will be fixed.
Cheers
Claude

jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:52 pm

I downloaded the latest FSUIPC version of MakeRunways (4.82) and extracted the two .exe files into my main FSiPanel folder overwriting the older versions. I then openned FSiPanel, went to Setup and ran the update database function. I noted that the MakeRunways version was now 4.87. Everything seemed to run normally. I restarted FSiPanel and then P3D4.4 with the default scenery and Rapture, set FSiPanel up for an approach at EKCH runway 04R. When the FMC was programmed for the approach and activated the PFD looked a little strange - I enclose a screenshot of this. The aircraft was, however, centered and followed the glidepath down until I took over. Much better performance than before - just the hitch affecting the flightpath on the PFD! It seems to want me to do a 360 turn before joining the localiser. Did I miss something?

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

troncy

Post by troncy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi John,
I do not think FSIPanel program a path in the FMC when making an approach. So that path come from elsewhere.
Cheers
Claude

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi,

Thank you Claude for your actions in the forum!
If you look on your FMC, you can see the track to CI04R is 134 and not 037 as it should be.
Maybe you're just too close from your runway with your positionning...

Before taking control, try to set FI04R as the next active waypoint (direct to), you should then be fine.

Cheers,

J-P

jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks J-P, should have thought of that. Now everything works fine.
John