Client remains minimised in taskbar

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
Emile

Client remains minimised in taskbar

Post by Emile » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 am

My flightsim desktop PC has been upgraded and now runs P3DV4.5 on Windows 10. Utility programs such as Active Sky, ProATC X and FSiPanel run on a networked auxiliary desktop PC also on Windows 10. When I run the FSiPanel client (V1.0.0.2) on the aux PC after starting the FSiPanel server on the flightsim PC, the client minimises to the taskbar and when I hover the mouse over the icon, the notification indicates that the client is connected to the server. But the client won't maximise so I can't do a thing with it ! I have changed the shortcut on the desktop to run Maximised,and also pinned the program to the taskbar but neither makes any difference. Other programs on the aux PC don't have that problem. Any ideas on how this can be fixed ? I have googled the problem but I'm none the wiser after that. Any help would be appreciated !
Cheers,
Emile.

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Client remains minimised in taskbar

Post by jpgarraio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:49 am

Hi.

Did you try double click on the icon or right click?

Cheers,

J-P

Emile

Post by Emile » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:57 am

Hi J-P,

When I double-click the icon on the taskbar, nothing happens and the program is still stubbornly minimised.
When I right-click the icon on the taskbar and select the FSiPanel 2017 Client option, another instance of the program opens which I equally can do nothing with but which is Not Connected to the server (the first instance of the program IS connected to the server).
Cheers,
Emile.

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:46 am

Thanks,

I will check it when back from flight tonight.
Cheers,

J-P

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:32 am

Hi,

I have checked the client and it isn't supposed to minimized in the task bar unless you do it manually.
I didn't get any problem however my Bitdefender gave a false trojan warning and put the client in quarantaine.
I gave client an exception in Bitdefender and when runnning, Bitdefender blocked internet access… I had to give the client's internet rights.

Finally everything worked as expected.

Can I ask you which antivirus you're using?

I will have to send the client file to these companies to put it in the safe software database.

Cheers,

J-P

Emile

Post by Emile » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:07 am

Hi J-P,

Thanks for your reply. I have been using ESET NOD32 Antivirus for many years now on four computers on my network. I added the client to ESET's Exclusions list but that made no difference : client runs and connects to server but still remains minimised. Hope you can fix this !
Cheers,
Emile.

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Could you make a video by any chance of what's happening?
I don't see why client will minimized, server will do once connected but the client should remain at normal size.

Cheers,

J-P

Emile

Post by Emile » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Hi J-P,

The mystery has been solved. I suddenly remembered this morning that I used to run the FSiPanel Client with its window dragged to a second monitor. I hadn't used that monitor for a while. As soon as I reactivated it, the client was there and running fine.

This is embarrassing and I do apologise for wasting your precious time :oops:
Cheers,
Emile.

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:33 am

Hi,

Glad you found it ! Don't worry, it would have been very hard to find the reason, good lesson!

Cheers,

J-P