Problems trying to get FSI Panel to work correctly

Any discussion related to FSiPanel 2017
gcmoir

Problems trying to get FSI Panel to work correctly

Post by gcmoir » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:10 pm

I purchased this program a couple of days ago but having some problems trying to use it. My problems are as follows:

1. When I try to update airport database I get the message that Makerwys has been successfully copied to P3D but then it reports an error starting Makerwys and it stops.

2. No mater what flight I setup the FMS is always configured for LEMPU to LFMN.

I am running P3D V4.5 and using PMDG 737NGX. I have various 3rd party scenery installed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Graeme Moir

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Problems trying to get FSI Panel to work correctly

Post by jpgarraio » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:51 am

Hi,

for point2, the FMC is not set by FSiPanel, the reason is that users have different AIRAC and databases.
For example, Geneva has recently changed runways designation from 23/05 to 22/04, if you don't have an updated scenery, the runway will be wrong and it will lead to problems.

The solution if you plan to fly several approaches at the same place is to update your FMC before taking the controls and to create a Snapshot, when reloading it with different weather, the FMC will be set for your approach.

For point1, could you please try again and just after the error, close FSiPanel and send me the following files through PM:
- config.txt
- log.txt

Cheers,

J-P

gcmoir

Post by gcmoir » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi JP,

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the Makerunways problem by downloading and installing a copy of Makerunways in the P3D root directory. Now when I run the Update DB it works perfectly and builds a new database.

Understood on the FMC.

I have a new question. I have updated to the latest AIRAC cycle however, I notice that the NAVS and STARS files in the NavData folder are still dated 2014. If I try to setup a STAR for RW 02L at Singapore, (WSSS), it only shows a handful of STARS and none of them are current. The display does show AIRAC 1913. How can I update the STARS - or can I?

Thanks for your help,

Graeme Moir

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi. Good news!

FSiPanel is compatible with Navigraph and NavData Pro.
If you have a subscription for one of these, check for FSiPanel nav database.

Cheers,

J-P