FSiPanel on tablet possible?

EZYTWIV

FSiPanel on tablet possible?

Post by EZYTWIV »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to use FSiPanel from a tablet, either Android or IOS. I have been searching the product page and this forum, but I couldn't fine any info.

Any info or "work around" would be much appreciated.

Vincent
tropicflite

Re: FSiPanel on tablet possible?

Post by tropicflite »

I am using a program called Duet Display to run FSiPanel 2020 on my iPad. It is a paid program that you will find on the app store. It requires an app to be installed on your iPad as well as a small connector program that runs on your computer. Once set up you can use your iPad as an additional desktop and drag any program including FSiPanel 2020 onto it and use it with the iPad's touch display. It's quite handy, though I've heard some people lose a few FPS on their sims when they do this. I haven't had that issue so YMMV.

tropicflite
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi, Duet works well, thanks for the input!

It is not possbile yet to use FSiPanel on a tablet IOS or Android, this option is on the TODO list for 2022.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

tropicflite wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 pm I am using a program called Duet Display to run FSiPanel 2020 on my iPad. It is a paid program that you will find on the app store. It requires an app to be installed on your iPad as well as a small connector program that runs on your computer. Once set up you can use your iPad as an additional desktop and drag any program including FSiPanel 2020 onto it and use it with the iPad's touch display. It's quite handy, though I've heard some people lose a few FPS on their sims when they do this. I haven't had that issue so YMMV.

tropicflite
Thanks for the suggestion! I will certainly give it a try. Although I am already struggling with my fps, so I hope it doesn't give a noticable fps drop on my system. It would be great if FSiPanel would natively support it in the future.
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

tropicflite wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 pm I am using a program called Duet Display to run FSiPanel 2020 on my iPad. It is a paid program that you will find on the app store. It requires an app to be installed on your iPad as well as a small connector program that runs on your computer. Once set up you can use your iPad as an additional desktop and drag any program including FSiPanel 2020 onto it and use it with the iPad's touch display. It's quite handy, though I've heard some people lose a few FPS on their sims when they do this. I haven't had that issue so YMMV.

tropicflite
Hi Tropicflite,

I just wanted to update you on my progress. I have just bought Duet with the intention to use my Android A7 Samsung tablet as an extra screen for my PC to use it as an instructor remote control in my homecockpit. In that homecockpit I am already using 3 TVs on HDMI and a monitor via VGA and 5 displaylink (adapter) screens. When I start Duet Air to connect to my PC it seems to combine the displaylink screens with tablet screen. So I basically lose the 5 individual displaylink screens that are required to run my homecockpit. I have emailed Duet if there is a solution for this. If not I can't use it with my simulator setup unfortunately.
tropicflite

Post by tropicflite »

I'm sorry Duet Display isn't working for you :( . I have no experience using Duet Display on Android. If I'm counting correctly you have 9 screens running on a single computer! That sounds like an amazing setup but it's well outside of my area of knowledge. I think your best hope is with Duet Display support, though with such a unique situation I'd be surprised if you find someone who knows more about it than you do.

I'm using a total of 4 screens to run my sim:
1. Ultrawide monitor for P3D
2. Standard monitor to run support programs like a browser, Active Sky and Discord
3. iPad 1 running Duet Display to have touch screen for FSiPanel, for the PMDG 737 NGXu FMS, and for simple display of pop-out panels like the PFD and ND
4. iPad 2 running LetsView (which can mirror to either monitor 1 or 2) running Navigraph charts and my checklists, manuals and SimBrief flight plans

I hope you're able to find a solution that works for you. Please post here if you do.

tropicflite
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm in the process of building a fullscale 320 homecockpit. I was quite surprised myself that my 7 year old PC was able to handle this setup. Obviously I have to accept a compromise in FPS...but it works. 3 FHD TVs for outside visuals, 3 screens for EFIS and ECAM, 2 screens for MCDUs and 1 "instructor station" screen.

In the meantime I have received an answer from the Duet team; They are aware of conflicts with display link screens. Their solution was for me to stop using display link screens...lol. It was worth a try anyway.

Hopefully FSiPanel will introduce a remote control feature in the near future.
tropicflite

Post by tropicflite »

One more thing you might try. I see there's a free program called SpaceDesk https://www.spacedesk.net/ which may do what you want. I haven't used it myself but I think it's worth a look.
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

Thanks I will look into that.
EZYTWIV

Post by EZYTWIV »

tropicflite wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:50 am One more thing you might try. I see there's a free program called SpaceDesk https://www.spacedesk.net/ which may do what you want. I haven't used it myself but I think it's worth a look.
I just ran my first test with Spacedesk and it looks promissing. There seems to be no interference with my displaylink screens and I was able to run FSiPanel on my android device which was acting as screen number 10 with touchscreen support. I still need to investigate if there is any conflict with other add ons and what the performance impact will be (fps).