Please align IRS first - UPDATE

SquadronLeader

Please align IRS first - UPDATE

Post by SquadronLeader »

I recently received an error code whilst trying to load MSFS2020. After trying every suggestion given to me, I uninstalled and subsequently reinstalled MSFS2020. All appears to be working OK, other than when I load the PMDG 737-800, open FSiPanel and select an airport, runway and position fix, I get the error message 'Please align IRS first'. I thought I had aligned the IRS, and so ensured that I had updated the database in settings, and the error message still appears and does not allow FSiPanel to position the plane.

I did search on this forum and found a similar thread - but not the solution.

Appreciate suggestions as to how I resolve this. Thanks

UPDATE: I have followed the 'instructions' on a video as to how to align my IRS - which incidentally was what I normally do. Just planned a flight from EGPH to EGGW - everything loaded OK (PFD and ND displays showing) and the flight was fine - so I am assuming that my IRS is aligned. So cannot now figure out why FsiPanel keeps advising me that I need to re align my IRS? - and will not progress to placing the plane in my selected position.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Please align IRS first - UPDATE

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

I guess this is because you are not using the latest version of the PMDG 737?
Did you update it?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
gerard6277

Post by gerard6277 »

hello,

I have the same fault "align IRS first" and all my planes of PMDG are updated so the fault is still there.
Hope you can solve it.

thanks gerard
gerard6277

Post by gerard6277 »

I did a re-install and now everything is working
Breenild

Post by Breenild »

Stupid question:
You really have both IRS switches on NAV and the position is entered in the POS panel in CDU?
Could you please check in CDU POS page, if there is a latitude/longitude provided for both IRS?
Breenild

Post by Breenild »

like this:

jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Thanks for your help!
I think issue is fixed, if you use not up-to-date PMDG 737s, you will get this message.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
SquadronLeader

Post by SquadronLeader »

J-P

When I initially reported my problem, the recent updates for the PMDG 737 were not released - so I do not believe that to be the cause. That said, I have now updated to the latest version of PMDG's 737s and the problem still persists.

Both IRS switches are on NAV and the position is entered in the POS panel in the CDU - so do not understand why I am still getting the error message.

Noted above that one user solved the problem by reinstalling (I assume the PMDG 737) - so I just uninstalled and reinstalled my PMDG 737-800 - and the problem is still there.

Anyone with any further suggestions or a remedy?
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Could you try to delete config.xml in FSiPanel directory and then restart FSiPanel with the 737 loaded in MSFS:
FSiPanel will then look for your folder and activate it, any change ?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
SquadronLeader

Post by SquadronLeader »

J-P

Having deleted the config.xml in the FsiPanel directory - and then rebooting the PC - and reloading MSFS2020 with the PMDG 737-800 on EGPH runway - I opened FsiPanel and set up a RH approach to EGPG RW 24 - and BINGO - no more messages about having to re align my IRS.

Thanks very much JP - issue solved