PMDG Senario id 3

jsmcwilliam

PMDG Senario id 3

Post by jsmcwilliam »

Setup: Windowa 10, P3Dv5, FSiPanel Advanced.

I have just installed the new Advanced edition and tried to run the first scenario for the PMDG 737 Ngx. After takeoff and turning to 160 I get cleared to 5000 ft. At that point I get a warning, "ELEC" and "Low Oil Pressure". The överhead attachment could not be included (350Kb). Illuminated were:
- Standby Power - Drive
- Bus Trans, Engine 2 - Source Off and Gen Bus Off
- Engine Anti-Ice - On
-Engine 2 - Low Pressure

Is this a bug or am I supposed to rectify the failure - I have not been able to do this!

John McWilliam
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: PMDG Senario id 3

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Not a bug, this is normal on that scenario.
You should get a TCAS followed by an engine failure. Be careful when you identify the failure on the 737, if you see GEN2 source OFF, HYD problem, the problem is most probably your engine..

My advise ALWAYS, if you have a caution or a warning, before starting to look all around the place for the cause, check ENG1 and ENG2 parameters.

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam »

I interpret this as failure of engine no. 2 and shut it down according to the QHR checklist 8.2. I stabslise the aircraft at FL 40 and continue on a heading direct to CHA. The AP and Hold are active as well as LNav. Arriving at CHA I expect a teardrop entry into the hold but this does not happen, instead irratic circling around the VOR. I exit the hold and continue the appr.
Can you explain why entry into the hold did not work properly.
John
jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam »

I have repeatedly tried to complete training scenario 1. After TCAS avoidance procedures and shutting down of engine 2 I proceed to CHA for the hold already programed into the FMS. The aircraft fails to join the hold in spite of active LNAV and makes eratic turns around CHA. Can you explain? I have flown the scenarion outside fsipanel and including a shutdown of engine 2 without any problem.
I believe you intend to make a video of this scenario - when can we expect that?
John McWilliam
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi John,

I tried it again and had the same issue, aircraft unable to enter the hold despite being properly trimmed.
I checked on forums and found that if the holding is inserted in the FMC before departure from a snapshot (FSiPanel case), holding can not be flown properly.

Can you try to delete the holding from the FMC before taking off and then enter the hold manually when flying towards CHA VOR.

Same behavior?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jsmcwilliam

Post by jsmcwilliam »

Followed your instructions - the holding pattern was followed. Thanks for your support.
John