Flaps not deploying

SquadronLeader

Flaps not deploying

Post by SquadronLeader »

J-P

I mentioned in a previous post that neither my flap switch or landing gear button on my Thrustmaster Hotas throttle unit would work on the first attempt - but did so on the second and subsequent attempts - in the Fenix A320 - and that is still the case. I use FSUIPC to bind my settings.

Just now had a couple of landings with the Fenix A320 - the above problem happened on the first landing. When I then reposition the A320 at another airport and start to make the landing approach - the flap button does not work at all - not even on second or subsequent attempts.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Flaps not deploying

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

I had that issue once, having to press twice the landing gear hotkey to lower it but it never stopped working.

Have you tried extending the flap with the keyboard? does it work? If you move the flap lever with your mouse, is it working?

If yes, the problem is somewhere else on the button binding, a log from FSUIPC on Button action could help tofind the issue.
Is your button binding linked to a particular aircraft (Fenix) in FSUIPC?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
SquadronLeader

Re: Flaps not deploying

Post by SquadronLeader »

J-P

Thanks for your prompt response. I did try extending the flaps with the my mouse when the situation occurred, and that worked fine.

I note your comment re the button binding, which is not linked to a specific aircraft - but to all aircraft - move the switch up for flap decrease, and move the switch down for flap increase.

The binding of the flap buttons works perfectly with the Fenix A320 (and all other aircraft) when not using FSiPanel - just does not work first time when using FSiPanel - or at all if I reposition the aircraft to a different airport.

Not sure if this further info is helpful to you.