Not selecting chosen runway in this instance

SquadronLeader

Not selecting chosen runway in this instance

Post by SquadronLeader »

This morning I was flying the Fenix A320 with FsiPanel. I selected EHAM as my destination airport, and then selected RW 22 as it had ILS and HW7 XW11 wind components. Initial positioning was LH base.

Set the aircraft speed, heading and altitude and placed the throttle in CL detent. The plane is repositioned and I wait until I am asked to hold the bakes for 3 seconds to take control.

I note that the ND is showing RW 18C as the selected runway, and the PFD is showing the RW 18C ILS frequency, which I did not understand. Visibility was zero, so I set approach and the second autopilot and took control, and as you can probably imagine nothing happened other than flying in a straight line.

So, I went back to main menu in MSFS, and positioned the A320 at a different airport, as well as restarting FSiPanel to ensure that it was a clean start. Tried again by selecting EHAM and RW 22, and exactly the same happened.

UPDATE I have just tried the same approach in PMDG 737-800 and FSiPanel and it worked perfectly. My only comment on this was that at the time of selecting the flight - FSiPanel was showing RW 22 with HW8 and XW10 wind components - when I made the flight a few minutes later - the actual wind on touchdown was 168/19 - so a mix between the HW and XW but at a much higher speed.