Problems with First Officer Workflow

Kracken130

Problems with First Officer Workflow

Post by Kracken130 »

I am using PMDG 737 800, with Saitex Pro Flight Yoke and flaps assigned to an an axis.
In this aircraft I used to preselect the flap lever to what the setting would be when spawning, ie when loading the aircraft on the runway, flaps setting of 5 is automatically selected. Otherwise the flaps might retract if my axis lever was set to 0.
After some trial and error, I believe I am correct that when using FSI in a flaps deployed setting as for example long or short final, it is best to leave the flaps lever on the controller set to zero, and FSI panel will set it correctly, and the setting appears to be maintained.

That said, I took your advice and after landing retract one notch of flaps with F6, and First Officer Workflow initiates and completes.

However if I then go back to FSIPanel and hit Move Aircraft to re-fly the scenario, everything is set up fine, and I can fly it as before, but reliably retracting the flaps one notch with F6 after landing does not initiate First Officer Workflow. So it appears reloading the scenario disable First Officer Workflow.Is this perhaps a limitation of the sim?

Thanks,
Greg
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Problems with First Officer Workflow

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your message, I will have to check that.
You mean reloading the approach or after a training scenario?

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
Kracken130

Re: Problems with First Officer Workflow

Post by Kracken130 »

J-P.
I am just doing approaches right now. So after I land, I go back to FSIPanel, and click Move Aircraft to refly the same approach.

Greg