Takeoff Training Scenario Inop [PMDG 777-200LR]

YGG

Takeoff Training Scenario Inop [PMDG 777-200LR]

Post by YGG »

Hello,

On my install/config, the takeoff training scenario is unavailable for the 777F after loading in the DB.
I did note on the page 9 table of the manual the Note 4 for the PMDG 777, so assume that for this training scenario it may not work although it is OK with other functions of fsipanel.

For the 777-200LR, the scenario appears in the DB, but upon Start the cockpit is never configured and no failure occurs.

Steps:
- load ActiveSky in Live Wx mode
- load P3d, select pmdg 777-200LR (or ER), select Wx Active Sky theme, select geneva runway 23 (!), start and wait for All Systems to initialize.
- start fsipanel, select training scenario Takeoff Training in GVA, and Start Training
- select all 3 failure levels and validate
- in p3d the fsipanel scenario box appears for loading snapshot,then the ATC Instructions box to report Ready for Departure. At the Importing Snapshot stage, the window briefly says 1 - cockpit and fms not set on this scenario, 2 - please set your cockpit as per the lesson plan.

Is the Snapshot supposed to download and does not?

If I configure the cockpit manually, then load the route, perf etc I do note that the ATC scripts works but no failure occurs.
If I terminate the Training scenario in the air, I can trigger failures on demand via FSIpanel.

I have read the manual and watched the YT videos, and do not know how to get this scenario to work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Y
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Takeoff Training Scenario Inop [PMDG 777-200LR]

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Please have a look here, I made a video, easier to answer your question.
https://youtu.be/O_CR77PRR8c

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
YGG

Post by YGG »

Yes, I was selecting all three failure levels. Everything is as expected when selecting only Severe failures.
Snapshots work perfectly, as on your video.
Great, I will keep experimenting/playing/reviewing with various failure levels and combination as designed.

FSiPanel is a superb tool.

Thanks for the help,

Y
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Great, safe flights!
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer