Distance to airport?

amei

Distance to airport?

Post by amei »

I am just now trying out this software today. I am flying a KODIA 100. So here is my concern: When I release the brakes and start flying, there is no indication of how far I am from the airport as I progress along to land at the designated airport. How can I see that I am approaching the airport so I can judge if I am going to enter the glide path effectively and at the right distance from the airport? I feel like I am flying in the blind!

Additional issue: On another run, when I specify a STAR and an Approach, nothing shows on the G1000 MFD to indicate where I am relative to the runway. Is this normal?

amei
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Re: Distance to airport?

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi,

Yes normal, FSiPanel will not program the defualt ASOBO GPS.
Before taking control of the aicraft, tune the correct ILS frequency and program the GPS if needed.

You will then see the DME distance and the runway on your GPS screen.

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
amei

Post by amei »

Thanks for your response. Also, when flying the Fenix A320, I observed some initialization issues. For instance when I am given control, the autopilot is not turned on. When I try to turn it on, it will not turn on. I saw in one of your videos that, when the FSIpanel gives you control, the AP is activated to start out with. Is there something wrong with the configuration or what?

EDI: This last time I did it, the AP was set OK by FSIpanel. But a new problem cropped up. When I was instructed to press the break pedals, the plane started to roll a little bit, then the plane started increasing altitude at a high rate, The AP went off, then I could not reset the AP, and could not get the plan under control at all. Anything I did? Also, is it possible to just push the hand brakes rather than push on my break pedals? This would cause no movement in the plane to upset the controller maybe?

Last edited by amei on Mon May 20, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Most probably, do you have engines running, IRS aligned when clicking MOVE AC?
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
amei

Post by amei »

I did not align the IRS but the status screen says" IR In ALIGN 5 MN", but I did have engines running.
amei

Post by amei »

Well, I tried it another time and the plane started to just gave alarms like crazy then after applying brakes and gave me control it started going up in altitude, kept going with alarams, and would not stop. IS there a way we can chat or send photos like on a discord maybe? I have this trial version for only another day, and would like to know that it works properly before buying. Thanks ;)

Also see what alarms panel showed before shutting down - see attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by amei on Mon May 20, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amei

Post by amei »

Tried again - Went back to main menu and started all over again. Set it up for an ILS again. After being given control, the AP came on OK. I was given control at the proper altitude to start, when I pressed the APR button nothing happened and it would not descend. Again, is there something that can be done to communicate with you through a Discord channel rather than back and forth like this? Thanks :)
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Hi, just write me an email to support at fsipanel.com

Cheers,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer
jpgarraio
Site Admin

Post by jpgarraio »

Ok I sent you a DM through Discord.

The 320 must be in "Ready to fly" condition, engines running, IRS aligned.
You pressed APPR and the aircraft did not descend, was it an ILS approach, which airport/runway ?

Regards,

J-P
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Developer